Thursday 19 May 2011

Oh happy day

I'm having one of those great days where I am trying out all sorts of new stuff, podcasts for a start- yes I am behind the times I know. I've also been asked to make a cover for a recorder, this one was a new one for me but I love a challenge.

 You can't just have any old cover you have to make it snazzy! My youngest minion laughs when I say this word so I am dropping it into conversation whenever I can this week. If only to make myself giggle. So back to the case, just some lovely pink linen, lined in purple cotton and with a ribbon drawstring and some simple embroidery to make it personal. Things should always be personal. I'm pleased with the results so let's hope the musician it's intended for likes it too.

So while I've been stitching this week and last I've been digging through my music library and have been having a good ol' listen to the eclecticness that is my music taste. The top ones for this week are the Dixie ChicksJulian Fauth and Imelda May. If you don't know them check them out you'll thank me for it. The sun is shining here so I'm out to the garden, hope it's shining on you too. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment