Monday 22 August 2011

The world is opening wide

I've been doing tons of reading and thinking and creating lately, which means that sometimes my head is a very full place to be. But I've discovered a great website called Girls got Gumption. It's a fantastic collection of creative women who share their stories and thoughts about life, the universe and tapping into that creative flow. There are about 25 women profiled and I want to read one profile a day and then I can really savour the experience. Today I read the story of Summer Pierre, the advice that really resonated with me speaks to where I am in the creative journey, she said "PLEASE DO IT NOW. You will never be adequately prepared, or have time to get ready to live your dreams. Start now."

At the moment I feel as if I am standing on the edge of a precipice, feeling fearful with butterflies in my stomach but so wanting to dive headlong into the new ideas I'm creating. I can feel that my focus is changing and I am making room for the "me I am meant to be".
I know that I often struggle thinking what if I run out of ideas, what if I can't make what I see in my head, what if, what if, what if? At the moment I can't believe that I've had those thoughts because there are so many ideas in my head that I am more afraid thinking what if I don't get that idea on paper and I forget it, or what happens if I cannot describe it how I see and forget why it was really important. So I guess part of the lesson is that these fears too shall pass.

Summer Pierre quoted J.D. Salinger in her profile with the phrase "Write the book you most want to read". I love that, it is so powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment